Wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia with over 6 million articles in more than 300 languages. It is written collaboratively by volunteers around the world and is hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation. It is the largest and most popular general reference work on the internet and is ranked among the ten most popular websites. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia created and maintained by an international community of volunteers. It is the source of information for topics from the mundane to the obscure, from the practical to the theoretical. It includes articles on a range of topics, from science and technology to culture and history. It is free to use and is constantly updated, making it an essential resource for anyone seeking to learn or be informed.
EncryptedSite is Encrypted
CountryHosted in United States
Latitude\Longitude37.751 / -97.822 Google Map
Traffic rank#13 Site Rank
Site age22 yrs old
Site Owner informationWhois info
Type of siteOnline encyclopedia
Available in329 languages
Country of originUnited States
Created byJimmy Wales,Larry Sanger
Users>296,990 active editors,>104,447,037 registered users
Please refer the list below for details:
1. We want to include our website in the sugar dating Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_dating). Can we put our anchor text inside above the fold content?
2. Can we include our website in the sugar daddy wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_daddy) & sugar baby (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_Baby) page?
Let me know if it is applicable for these actions.
If yes, what is the total rate you charge for these services?
Looking forward to your reply. Thank you. Show more details...
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Abstract Wikipedia team, reporting to product engineering management. As a product software engineer, you will be responsible for software engineering for our product user experiences. In this role, you will work in a mostly-remote environment, where we value teamwork and a consensus-oriented approach. You get to write open source code for collaborative experiences supporting over a billion users, and you get to do it at a place that believes we're all more successful when everyone has a good work-life balance.
You are responsible for:
• Improving the Wikipedia product experience
• Iterating on new products and features through collaboration with designers and product managers
• Creating and maintaining internet APIs with server scripting languages
• Instrumenting components to monitor feature and quality characteristics
• Leveraging caching and persistence technologies
Skills and experience:
• 5+ years related professional experience in functional programming or OOP
• Experience building user-friendly features and software components with good performance
• Focused software engineering: you enjoy writing unit and integration tests, proactively addressing security and code review feedback, and thoughtfully balancing architectural tradeoffs
Qualities that are important to us:
• A desire to make meaningful contributions to knowledge equity, free culture, and open access
• An emphasis on communicating clearly in both synchronous and asynchronous channels
Additionally, we'd love it if you have this:
• Fluency in one or more regional languages in Africa, Asia, or Latin America
• Experience developing for markets in Africa, Asia, or Latin America
• Practical skills with Vue.js or React
• Project work in data science, machine learning, AI (especially on natural language)
• A history of open source contribution
• Bachelor's, master's, or doctorate degree in computer science, management information systems, or STEM field (or equivalent certification)
The following team is actively seeking candidates:
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a remote-first organization with staff members including contractors based in more than 50 countries. Salaries at the Wikimedia Foundation are set in a way that is competitive, equitable, and consistent with our values and culture. The anticipated annual pay range of this position for applicants based within the United States is US$101,161 to US$157,200 with multiple individualized factors, including cost of living in the location, being the determinants of the offered pay. For applicants located outside of the US, the pay range will be adjusted to the country of hire. We neither ask for nor take into consideration the salary history of applicants. The compensation for a successful applicant will be based on their skills, experience and location.
All applicants can reach out to their recruiter to understand more about the specific pay range for their location during the interview process.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or +1 (415) 839-6885.
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
• Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
• The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
• The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
• Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 22 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
• Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
• For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
• Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
• Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
• Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
• Paid travel to Wikimedia Foundation events all around the world!
• Equipment including a laptop, monitor, plus a one-time stipend to cover any additional needs to make sure you have the best work experience
• Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
• Please note that for remote roles located outside of the U.S., we defer to our PEO to ensure alignment with local labor laws.
Our Commitment to Equity
This is Wikimedia Foundation
Our Tech Stack Show more details...
We need somebody who has some previous relevant experience with this and who could help us.
Topic - medical content/
We'll need at least 5 articles.
Please send us links to your previous relevant works and your price per 1000 words when bidding to the project.
Thank you! Show more details...